Saturday, December 31, 2011

Dog Walking

When we came to Grand Cayman we had to leave our adorable black Labrador, Jeeno behind.  I am still deciding if we should go through the extensive process to bring our puppy from the United States here.  It will cost us nearly $1000 (OUCH!) and he will not be able to come for about 6 months after the process is started.  This means that our friends that have been so gracious to watch Jeeno for us would have him longer than we have had him.  I am starting to feel leaving him with our friends will be the best decision.

In the mean time, we are walking dogs from the Humane Society.  The first time we walked 3 puppies which the children named Cloey, Rocket, and Daisy.  Cloey has since been adopted out!  I didn't bring my camera the first time, but I will be sure to bring it from now on.

Just yesterday we walked 2 dogs...

Mayetee (May-ye-tee)
Pauli
We took them to Governors Beach.  They didn't like the water, didn't mind the sand, but preferred the shade much better.  It has been a great opportunity to love dogs that live in kennels and help the Humane Society.  We also get our puppy fix.  Once we get a car we will be able to foster a dog for a weekend.  Joie is really excited about this.  However, I think she is looking for a water loving dog so I don't think we will be fostering these two.

Joie, Ally, and Leanne
Joie and Alley with Mayetee and Pauli
Everyone but me;)
Enough dog walking, let's bury Jayden!

No comments:

Post a Comment