Monday, December 5, 2011

Changing for the Better

My Husband is finally the provider of our home, eeeeeeeee!!!!  What a dramatic change in his persona and an amazing blessing from the Lord!  It is by His hands and His timing that Jacob is now providing.  It took a step in faith on our part to move to another country, trusting in the Lord, but we just kept praying for God to open the doors He wanted us to walk through and to close the ones we weren't to go through.  Every door swung wide open for the move to Grand Cayman and now we are here and boy, is it an adjustment!  A change that is bringing growth, humility, unity and increasing our patience, strength and faith. 

  In Las Vegas we lived in a single family home 4 bedrooms, giant big screen TV, king size pillow-top bed, 2 computers plus 3 gaming systems, 2 cars, and a kitchen filled with all sorts of gadgets.  One of my favorites: a tomato corer; every time I took it out to take off the top of my tomatoes I would exclaim,"I love this thing!"  We had snow gear, camping gear, golf clubs, bikes, books, tools, etc., etc., etc.  So much stuff!  I didn't want to part with any of it because we worked hard to get it and we enjoyed life with all our toys.  Surprisingly, at the Most perfect time God highlighted the story of the rich young ruler who asked Jesus how he might inherit eternal life.  Jesus replied, "You know the commandments...one thing you lack...sell what you have, give to the poor...take up your cross and follow Me", but the rich man went away sad because he had many possessions.  Jesus then goes on to say how hard it is for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God(Mark 10:17-25 also Matthew 19:16-22; Luke18:18-23)  Now the 4Js, my husband: Jacob, me: Jacqueline, our 10 year old daughter: Joie, and our 5 year old boy: Jayden, are living a much more humble lifestyle.  

For the time being we are living in a studio style apartment where the utilities are included in rent.   We decided to humble ourselves with this until we had a better idea of what our expenses would be with all of us living on one paycheck.  We heard that utilities here are extremely expensive and Jacob was feeling a bit nervous about that.  We don't have a car yet so we walk to and from the grocery store.  Ha!  I have a new appreciation for personal transportation.  I now understand the challenges of some of my friends back home that did not have cars.  I am so glad I was able to help them with rides to work, but now wish I would have offered to help more.  We can become so selfish and are unable to empathize when we ourselves have never been in the same situation.  That's the beauty of Christ; He opens our eyes so we may see.
Living in such close quarters and the move has stirred up emotion creating more arguments between my children so we are learning how to deal with our emotions in a more positive manner.  We are reading and illustrating scriptures to help ease the tension.  I am praying for God's word to be written on their hearts that they may never forget it.  Soon enough I am sure I will see some growth with the seeds I am trying to plant.  

Regardless, the struggles we are facing today I am praising Jesus because I know the fruit that is going to come from our trials.  I am excited!  I am entering a new season in my life!  

No comments:

Post a Comment