Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Day 6: Panama City Marina

October 3

After our wild day yesterday when we woke up and the wind was blowing, we decided we would stay put. 

I never imagined I would enjoy traversing the ocean so much!  Jacob always said he wanted to live on one of those cruise ships that travels the world.  It never appealed to me.  I wanted roots, a house, a garden, a place that I owned that I could call home.  I’ve never been a fan of renting because it never feels like it’s yours.  But after owning our previous house I realize now the maintenance and cleaning became overwhelming.  Too much time was spent keeping our home in order.  I decided I wanted to buy a tiny house and adopt a minimalist lifestyle.

Purchasing our boat, Dream Catcher, is like owning a tiny house that moves along the water to any place we desire.  Perfect for both of us!  I get a home and Jacob gets mobility.  We have only been living on the boat for a short time adapting our lavish lifestyle to be more simplistic.  I am loving it!  There is peace with simplicity.

I am learning that we have roots regardless of our location, life isn’t as complicated as I was making it, and things don’t have to be perfect.  Laundromats are more time efficient for doing laundry, when your home is small the cleaning is simple, and potted plants are a great way to garden.  I don’t think I will ever want to purchase another traditional home.   I can definitely see us retiring buying a larger boat and traveling the world on our “tiny house”  

No comments:

Post a Comment