Monday, October 16, 2017

Day 19 : Don't Sweat the Small Stuff

Monday, October 16, 2017

    I get up early on a mission to finalize preparations for Jeeno to enter the Bahamas, Turks and Caicos.  About 2.5 hours in I’m annoyed.  I can’t find anyone in the nearby area to administer the Corona vaccine which is required for Bahamas.  I planned to have Shot Vet do it, but our timing is off.  They only work on weekends and it’s Monday.  We needed to be in Fort Meyers two days earlier.  The Corona vaccine is no longer a common vaccine.  Bahamas is currently reevaluating their requirements and may be taking it off, but not yet.

The divers come by and dive into the water delivering bad news when they surface.  The prop needs to be replaced.  Damn rocks, coral, oysters, whatever it was!  Luckily, we have two props on board.  They are a little smaller, but they will do the trick.  The damage on the original prop is minor so we can repair it at a later time.

(PICTURE of the props to come)

During the prop replacement I finally make headway for traveling with Jeeno.  We decide to leave Fort Meyers and head an hour east to Sweetwater Marina.  Inside the marina I am able to print Jeeno’s updated shot records and Joie finds a book she’s willing to read.  Aside from life learning from our adventures, reading is the only “school” I’m requiring of my children.  Joie absolutely hates reading so I am thrilled she found a book.  I requested an Ebook for her from the library weeks ago, but it’s still not available.  We also found Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff: And It’s All Small Stuff, a book we wanted to add to our collection since we saw it at Pud’n's house in Louisiana.

I try to catch up on my blog, but my computer won’t connect to the wifi.


Good night my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment