Monday, October 9, 2017

Day 12: Leaving Apalachicola


Monday, October 9

Tomorrow we are leaving Apalachicola.  Though we have enjoyed our stay we are all ready to move on.

Jacob makes charting plans for us to leave and I try to do some prep work for Jeeno going to the Bahamas and Turks.  The Bahamas I almost have locked in, their requirements are pretty easy.  However, I have been told by the vet I was going to get the health certificate from in Stuart, Florida that I must go to Miami USDA to have it stamped.  That would be all fine and dandy, but I don’t have a car and Miami is 1.5-2 hours from Stuart.  Much too far for me to taxi or Uber, so I need to find another way.

We wanted to go straight to Clearwater, but it’s much too far for us to travel in one day so we decide to go to Twin Rivers Marina in Crystal River.  The approach is very shallow like most areas around here, but that Marina seems to have a direct entrance; the other surrounding marinas seem to be more complicated to get to.  Especially, since we aren’t familiar with the area.

I talked to some friends back home.  It’s been a week since the shooting in Vegas.  Thankfully my family and friends are okay, but of their friend’s friends were injured or killed.  We’ve been watching the news and listening to the stories from those who were lucky to escape without injury.  The lone shooter isn’t adding up and none of us buy the government/media BS.  It’s a scam, a ploy, a cover-up.  Maybe it’s another attempt t pull guns from citizens.  All around us seems to be chaos and destruction, but we have been blessed to be separated from it all.  Our hearts and prayers go out to those who have been affected by the recent hurricanes, earthquakes, floods, and shootings.  May God continue to keep us safe and guide those who seek Him; I pray He guides even those who aren’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment