Tuesday, September 5, 2017

#Adventuresofthe5js

Jeeno is the 5th "J" in our family.  Yes, we are one of those weird families that have all our names starting with the same letter, including our pets!



This pup is coming along for the thrill ride of traveling to St.Thomas.  The first part of our journey is a cross country drive. 

Jeeno likes car rides, but it seems he may not like them as much as I thought.  A couple hours outside of Vegas and we were all sick of his whining so we pulled over to a gas station looking for some Benedryl.  All we found we Dramamine.  We checked the internet since the internet knows all, haha. We happily found it is safe for dogs.  It's typically used for motion sickness.  I don't think Jeeno was car sick but who knows.

Our Jeeno normally eats anything and everything, but he wouldn't freely eat these yummy orange flavored pills.  We forced him to swallow 2, 50 mg pills = 100 mg of Dramamine.  It took 45 minutes for him to finally stop whining.  After about 1.5 hours he finally laid down.  With relief I jokingly said to Jacob, "What if he's dead!  Oh well, it'll make our travels much easier." 

I love My Jeeno and would be devastated if he died, but honestly traveling with a large anxious dog is challenging!  Every move we make has to be made with consideration of Jeeno.  Driving across the states seems to be fairly easy, find pet-friendly hotels and dope him up, haha.  I am currently researching what we will need to do as we island hop our boat to St.Thomas, that process is going to need another post.

Shortly, after my comment Jacob opened the window and Jeeno's head popped up.  I was relieved that he wasn't dead, but hesitant that the Dramamine worked.  To my surprise Jeeno didn't whine the rest of the 6 hour drive so I guess it did!

I bought some Benedryl for the rest of our trip.  Apparently, Benedryl's active ingredient is also good for motion sickness so we'll see if it works the same as Dramamine or better.

No comments:

Post a Comment