Sunday, September 10, 2017

Destination: San Antonio

We arrived in San Antonio, Texas yesterday.

First stop: check into our pet friendly hotel.  Whoa!  What kind of cleaners are they using to cover up the smell of animals?!  It was so overwhelming when we walked in we had to open up the window to air it out.

I started using natural products to clean my home since it's better for my family's health and the environment.  If your interested in which ones I use let me know.

Second stop:  BBQ dinner.  We are recently acclaimed pescatarian's, but we can't come to Texas and not eat BBQ!  We went to a Two Bros BBQ Market and can you believe they were out of brisket!!!!  Such a disgrace; it must have been good!  We settled for some pulled pork and some other meat that was comparable to brisket with potato salad,  baked beans with peaches in it (I personally wasn't a fan of the peaches), and of course mac-n-cheese and sweet tea.  I was definitely hoping for some brisket but overall it was a tasty and heavy filling meal.



Third stop:  The Esquire Tavern on River Walk, downtown San Antonio.  Its the oldest tavern in that area and they boast about their longest/oldest wooden bar top; it's 100 feet long!  Might I add...their cocktails are of superior quality; it's a mixologist's haven.  I had a gin based cocktail with lemongrass and cilantro bitters, garnished with fresh lime peel.  Jacob enjoyed a tequila old-fashion.  Both were impressively prepared.  I find so much enjoyment in watching a great bartender/mixologist create a cocktail.  It's truly an art.

Today,  we went to Six Flags Fiesta, a roller-coaster theme park and water-park in one!  And....we already had acceptable season passes so we didn't have to pay for admission!  Needless to say we vetoed Schlitterbahn; free was much more appealing than spending $240.

Final Stop:  The Cove, a restaurant suggested and visited by Food Network star Guy Fieri on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. As soon as I saw they had a lamb burger I knew we had to go.  Jacob loves lamb!  I ordered the Bella burger, portobello mushroom with sautéed spinach and onions on a gluten free bun, the kids spilt a bison burger. All the food was very tasty and to make the meal more enjoyable, they are a dog friendly establishment so Jeeno didn't have to stay in the car!

6 am tomorrow: Head to New Orleans



No comments:

Post a Comment