Friday, September 8, 2017

God Has a Plan

Hey Y'all!    

I feel like I am playing catch up trying to get this blog up-to-date so I can write in real time instead of the past.  

Our initial travel plans were to leave Las Vegas on September 3, drive to Albuquerque, stay there one night then drive all the way to Texas where we could stay with family for a few days.  After that we were planning to hit Schlitterbahn Water park since we would be relatively close and its been on our bucket list.  Straight from the water park we would drive 3 hours to break up the drive to New Orleans.  Jeeno, our dog and 5th 'J', would stay in New Orleans with a dog sitter while we finished out the drive to Florida to drop off our truck so it could be shipped to St Thomas.   We would then fly back to New Orleans to jump on our boat and motor it from N.O.L.A. to Cape Coral, Florida.  Near there is a channel we would follow through Florida to Lake Okeechobee, continuing on until we made it to the Atlantic Ocean.  

After much deliberation, we decided we would take the boat down to St. Thomas ourselves.  It would save us some money AND....it would be an experience of a lifetime!   We would hire a captain who has made this trek before to ensure a bit more safety and another knowledgeable deckhand since we have NEVER traveled this way before.  I am fully confident in my husband's ability to get us there, but not so confident in my ability to help at this time.  I mean come on- I was born and raised in Vegas, I'm a desert rat!  

From Florida we would stop in the Bahamas, Turks, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, and then finally arrive in St Thomas roughly September 23.

Those were our plans until hurricane Irma came in this week wreaking havoc on the Caribbean.  Needless to say, we have pushed back our travels a week as of right now waiting for more progress of where Irma will hit in the states and what will become of hurricane Jose as it continues to strengthen.  

Irma has hit every island that we will stop at on our journey.  I am thankful we didn't caught in the middle of it, but saddened by the devastation it has caused.  Tragedy is more afflicting when it hits close to home.  Sadly, I have never been affected by a hurricane and therefore unsympathetic to its destruction.  God always has a way of showing me  just how imperfect I really am.

At this point I don't know how our travels will pan out, but  l will document it.  Jacob just commented today," God is really showing me to only focus on today." 


Matthew 6:34 New King James Version

...Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things.  Sufficient for the day is its own trouble

 I am confident that God has a plan and that He has our back.  We took a leap of faith, following our hearts, and dropping everything that was comfortable and "normal".  We could have lived a "good" life in Vegas, but honestly, we weren't happy.   So here we are!  It's crazy to think how our lives have changed in the past month.  I feel like anything can happen!!  We are still heading in the same direction- to St. Thomas- just on a different time frame and arriving to a mess. Who knows what God has in store for us on the way and once we get there! Whatever it is...it's gonna be GREAT! 

No comments:

Post a Comment