Monday, January 16, 2012

Fostering Nipper a.k.a Rocket


This is Nipper.  A pup we walked the very first time we walked dogs from the Humane Society.  Joie and Jayden's friend, Aly, named him Rocket.  All of us agree that Rocket is a much better name than Nipper.  What do you think?  We weren't allowed to foster any of the puppies the first time we walked dogs, but last week we were able to foster Rocket.  Joie had so much fun playing with him on the beach.  Check out these adorable photos. 

He's gonna be a beautiful AWESOME companion!



 I was completely astonished that Nipper was so willing to be buried in the sand.  Total Beach Pup!

Squashing sand castles

or eating them.


 There is something about having a dog that makes a home feel more homey.  When I visit the Humane Society I wish I owned a large piece of land so that I could adopt a few of the dogs that are currently living in kennels at the shelter.  It's sad to think that many of them will spend their lives there.  As much as I would love to adopt them all, I have to say it was nice to have Rocket stay with us for a few days, but it was also really nice to give him back to the shelter.  Owning and caring for puppies and dogs is hard work!

No comments:

Post a Comment