Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Actually

Have you ever paid attention to how often the word actually is used?  Joie, at one point, would use this word excessively.  Nearly every sentence she said started with the word "Actually".  Rarely was it used in the correct context so Jacob decided it was time to point it out.  Since our family meeting about "actually"  we are on "actually" patrol.  Anytime anyone says"actually" we point it out and if I catch myself saying it I say it twice with extra emphasis the second time acknowledging I used the word, actually ACTUALLY.  There are other words to replace actually:  really, indeed, as a matter of fact, in reality.
I am not saying that this word should not be used.  I am only saying it is over used.  There are many times that "actually" is the only word that makes sense.  Listen for yourselves.  You may go on an "actually" strike, too!

ACTUALLY

No comments:

Post a Comment