Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Too long...

It's been too long since I shared anything! Four years!!!! Oh how time escapes us! I enjoy journaling, blogging, documenting the accounts of my life in a story; yet, I rarely make time for this peaceful activity. We have a very entertaining life and there is always something happening, so much so that I feel like I don't have enough time. But that all stops today...partially because I recently put in my two weeks for Oshea's. I have been bartending there since the new location reopened in December 2013.
So much has happened in the past four years that I won't possibly be able to share it all today or probably ever, hahaha. But I can say that I am going to make a valiant effort to begin to document the newest journey at hand.
We are moving to St. Thomas USVI! Relocating from the "Fabulous Las Vegas" to a small island in the caribbean. That is why I am quitting my job. It seems crazy to some, exciting for others, and just darn right scary for me. Well.....now that I officially informed my employer that I am taking a leap of faith for my husband's newest endeavor the excitement is beginning to surround me! Initially, I was going to ask for a 6 month Leave of Absence, but to get it approved I would have to jeopardize my integrity by creating a believable lie. When I started to evaluate this and my overall feelings about bartending at Oshea's I began to realize that I have been begging for a change. I haven't been happy working, not the money, not my schedule, not anything but my insurance. Don't get me wrong I love O'sheas and the people I work with; they are like family to me, but I have been feeling a pull for something new, something bigger, greater and more rewarding. Resigning was exactly what I needed to do. I need to take this leap of faith for my husband, Jacob, and my two children. I can't expect God to do great things if I am holding on to what's comfortable. So we are going ALL IN!!!





Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment