Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Minimalism

Moving overseas requires one to rethink their belongings. Is "it", whatever the item may be, worth the shipping or packing for the trip? Is "it" loved, easily replaced, where does it stand on the scale of necessity?

We purged and purged and will purge some more before we actually start packing what we will bring with us to St Thomas. We sold a bunch of stuff and gave away even more and even though it feels good to let go of consumerism and responsibility there is a piece of me that is sad. We worked hard to attain what we did and now we will go back to nearly nothing, starting over again. I wouldn't consider myself materialistic; I rarely shop purchasing items only with purpose. Is that why I'm sad? Every item I owned had meaning so even though I may not need "it" anymore I value "it". It feels like a piece of me is missing. Oh well. Out with the old in with the new, hahaha

With this cleansing... I release everything of the past; may new journeys and experiences help us to live a more peaceful, joyful, fruitful, and fulfilling life!

No comments:

Post a Comment