Thursday, November 15, 2012

Visiting Vegas



Going back home to Vegas...

  I always like going back home and staying with my parents.  They are so wonderful.  And home, well, it's welcoming and cozy...a warmth from the place you grew up.  I didn't move much growing up so home is secure and stable, a constant I can always rely on.
  Our first night back my parents treated us all to sushi at Sumo Sushi II .  They aren't lying about their sushi.  The fish is fresh and presented beautifully.  A la carte is presented better, but the fish quality stays the same.  We always order Hamachi Kama, Johnny Roll #2, Tiger Roll, Albacore, Uni, Soft Shell crab, and What the Heck(much better a la carte: the pico de gallo doesn't come with all you can eat; without it, it's not the same).  Jacob was brave and tried this crazy thing....

Quail Egg and flying fish eggs

  He enjoyed it, but still I wouldn't try.  I try most things, but that-No thanks.

Mmm...Uni, on the other hand-Yes please.  It's a flavor and texture that takes some time to embrace.  At first when I ate it, I had to close my eyes.  The flavor brings me straight to the ocean.
Writing about sushi is making me hungry for some.


  Well, our time in Las Vegas was extended beyond what we were expecting.  We planned to be in Vegas for 2 1/2 weeks and then move to Puerto Rico, but after only 5 days there we decided it wasn't for us at this point in our life.  It truly is a shame it didn't pan out as we had planned; however, while we were there Jacob learned a valuable lesson, a man's integrity is priceless.
  We are staying with my parents again.  I am so thankful that we have this opportunity.  Thankful that their door is open for us because we are unsure of where God is taking us at this point.  Jacob is currently digging trenches with his family to make ends meet, but he has a job offer in Hawaii.  I can't say that I want to go to Hawaii at this point.  I am tired of moving to islands and starting over.  I want to be stable.  Wah, wah wah.  Can you hear me whining?  I'm not handling this very well.  Maybe it's pride.  I just know I would love to be stable, to know where I'm going to live for the next year.  I have always been very stable, now I am not.  Change is never easy, right.

Here's  to making lemonade out of the lemons life is dishing me.






No comments:

Post a Comment