Friday, July 13, 2012

My little green thumb

Growing your own food is an art. It isn't easy by any means, every plant has it's own pests and nutritional requirements.  Not to mention growing some plants together will either enhance their well-being or be harmful to their growth.  If you weren't raised a farmer it can be challenging.  It wasn't until recently that I came to enjoy growing plants and I am still learning. This summer I am growing
Basil...

 Parsley...(have to get cilantro for homemade salsa, mmm)
 and Cucumbers...
 I didn't know what a cucumber plant looked like until they started to grow.  They are so neat! I love how they have these curly tendrils that wrap around anything nearby.  You can see them sprouting off the picture below.
 I didn't do much research on how to grow these, but what I did read said thety were super easy!  I may need to move them to a bigger planter.  I can't wait to have my first homegrown cucumber!  I can almost taste the cucumber salad I'll make with it now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment