Saturday, March 31, 2012

Miss Boss

I wonder sometimes where Joielin gets her bossiness from.  Today i was given the answer and the humilty to confess it's me.  I have been bossing my children around.  Do this, do that; don't do that, that's garbage,  blah, blah, blah.  Today, well tonight, I am cutting off the ball and chain that i strapped to my children.  Does this mean they can do whatever they want?  Absolutely not!  But i will pay closer attention to their likes and dislikes; i want to value their opinions.  They are individuals and will differ greatly from me.  My molding needs a new shape; what was working isnt any longer.  Im excited for this change!  And i can guarantee my lil j's are excited too!  

As my children are getting older they are more opinionated and their interests differ from mine.  Its only been a short while, but I was trying to make my children fit into a box and color inside my lines.  But my children arent me;  i dont want them to be me.  I want them to be them.  They need to explore things THEY like and I need to get involved.  

We are on a road to exploring. And guess what!  Even if we aren't "doing school" we are learning some very valuable things like love, respect, honor, trust, and individuality!



--
Jacqueline Jamieson

http://gentlepeacefulbeauty.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment